Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 months ago

Think I got 2nd Anti D too late? ?

Hi so I got discharged a day after my now 10 month old son was born. The midwife forgot to give me my 2nd anti d injection. I was all over the place after a PPH and all the drugs and forgot myself. 3 days later I get a call to go down to hospital immediately to get the injection and obviously covering their backs. I got it just within the 72 hour time frame but just about. I dont want another baby for possibly about 4 years but my thoughts are how likely is this to affect a future pregnancy ? My son turned out to be rhesus positive so could be likely a 2nd could be positive blood also. Should if I ever get pregnant again get the injection as soon as I find out ? Due to this error? 

• Suzy Q

A 72 hour time frame doesn't mean you need to get it within 48 (or 40, or 59, or 68) hours. It means that ANY time within 72 hours is fine. Including 71 hours and 59 minutes.