Resident Rump asked in HealthOptical · 8 months ago

Are there any non-surgical ways of getting rid of eye floaters ?

I'm 42 and I've had them since my 20s. Doctors have told me to ignore them, but now they're getting very annoying. 

• Rick

the 'floaters' CAN be a symptom of 'macular degeneration', a hereditary eye disease that CAN blind you.  I lost the sight in my left eye to it, but doctors where able to weld the eye back-together.  'See' a eye doctor ............................... 

• Mamie

It's unusual to start getting floaters in your 20s.  

Over time (months, perhaps) your brain gets used to seeing them and they seem to disappear because the brain ignores them.  They are still there but you don't see them.  That's probably why your doctors have told you to ignore them...because they're assuming they'll "disappear."  Perhaps the old ones have disappeared, but you continue to get new ones.  At 42, that's not so unusual.  

This website has information:  https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/eye...

There is a YAG laser that can break up floaters. This is not the same YAG that your general ophthalmologist uses to do a common after cataract procedure. This is a tool only used by a few retina specialists. I have heard the results described as "more but smaller floaters" and no as "no more floaters". 

There’s laser treatment but it’s not 100% guarantee. 

why dont you see the Youtube video

of the guy who says eating pineapples

everyday removes eye floaters because

pineapple contains Bromelain

• Elle

The "floaters" are shadows from tiny objects, I don't know what. Consider revisiting a doctor, one that you have not seen before. I wish you well.