Weird Question?

Just started working a few weeks ago (18yo). I’ve been saving up to take the msf course and eventually buy a motorcycle. I’ve got the $300 for the msf but I have no idea how to ask for basically 3 whole days off of work when I literally just started. 

Any suggestions? 

Not an update but I work everyday besides Monday and I get the most hours on Fridays and Saturdays

I  got an MSF class, intermediate,  thru my  local com. college   for $50. I got a    Pell Grant.

Short of a Mon class, I see no practical solution.  Should   not even Mention "motorcycles" to yore new boss, he may  have an attitude, equate all riders with  Hells Angels or something.  Unless  of course He has photos hung of the Triumphs he raced...in which case, UR in like Flint...

I walked into a junkyard, I'd been there before, boss never said  a word to me. He is in a wheelchair.That day, I happened to have my leathers on/helmet in hand. . I saw the bike pictures on wall. His face Lit Up. Talked for 1/2 hour about  racing in Germany when he was stationed there. MC's sometimes are an ice breaker.

• adam

study for the written test. Go take the test. That gives you the permit. Buy your bike. Take road test . Take the class later when you have time. Or dont . I never did. I learned by riding. Never took that class. I been on two wheels since I was 17. Full patch in an MC for a long long time as well. Im not knocking that class but its not the be all to end all. 

• Tim D

Speak to your manager, explain the situation and ask their advice.

And since you do not work Mondays why not book a course that means only two days off work and includes a Monday?

This is a no-brainer. You DON'T NEED the MSF or a motorcycle. You certainly don't have to get them any time soon. You DO need a job and income and in your job you  DO NEED  to establish a reputation for reliability, especially if you want a good reference for your next job. Do not confuse needs with wants

.

FAIL

• adam

agreed I own bikes. No car. Have several as I never sell them LOL  The Captain is a real biker

"Like Mr. Boss, Chief, Hefe Grande, Sir, can I please, pretty please, have 3 whole, not half, not 1/4, days off to take the msf class, Mr. Boss, Chief, Hefe Grande, Sir?" Then fall to your knees and put your hands together in prayer. When they stop laughing they might give you the time off. 

• k w

I took a motorcycle safety class at lake county college , there was a small refundable donation, but that was in the 80's, and never regretted taking the class either....I don't remember how long the class was either, but I sure didn't need to take time off work, maybe we're not talking about the same thing.....

If you want to keep your job wait at least 2 months before you ask for those days off.