Should i leave my work because they dont have ot pay?

Its only been a month since my first job. And almost everyday i get to go home at 11 pm and 12pm. And sometimes i go home at 3am. We even have to sleep at the office for days. And we  have a very heavy workload bc were only a few employees. And we also have work on weekends. But they dont pay me for my overtime and has a minimum wage salary.  Im thinking leaving my work because its unfair for me even tho my bosses are kind people when it comes to their attitude. They train and teach me well and have free food everyday. But I feel like they own me and my time and very very tiring and no ot pay. Im thinking of leaving but i think its too early is it going to hurt my career if i leave early? I didnt know it was gonna be like this. 

P.s. im in a creative industry has a bachelors degree

• Gert

The entire situation sounds illegal. Is this happening in America or elsewhere?

• RP

Depending upon where you're working (location), there may be laws that require OT be paid after a certain number of hours per day, usually 8, or any hours in excess of the normal work week (40 hours). If there is an HR staff where you work, you may want to ask them about this. Also, you are right about not seeming like you're a job hopper, but you should keep looking for a better job and, when you find one, feel free to leave.

• Eva

Minimum wage salary does not exempt them from paying you overtime. You and your fellow employees should file a complaint with your state labor board. Employees cannot possibly do their best work when they are exhausted.

Assuming that you are not a "professional/manager" type and you normally work full time, your employer is violating the wage and hours law. Contact your state's Labor Department for assistance on this matter.

OT does not apply to you. 

Are you in the USA? You're wage which means paid by the hour, not salary which means there's no limit to the hours you can work.

If you're wage, you are owed overtime, it's state law. File a report to your state's Department of Workforce Development, just google it for the email or address. Detail your hours and the situation, they will get you back pay and fine the company for not complying with state law.

I think you should be thrilled you have any job.

You were provided specific information about the legality of the job when you asked the first time.  You didn't update your question with any of that.  You are going to have a very difficult time finding a good job, if you lack basic cognitive reasoning capabilities:

- are you in the USA?

- is it a non-exempt or exempt role?

- are you being paid hourly or salary?

- is this a short term increase in work or is this more like a start up and how they are operating for the extended future?

You're working for minimum wage. Exactly what career are you worried about protecting? I assume you are not in the United States as there are laws that your employer is breaking if you were.