Anonymous

Have you noticed that French people are the laziest in Europe? ?

French people take very long vacation days. They often seem to have bad moods during working days. French people don't appreciate hard work because I have heard that in France, managers prefer to promote people they "like" instead of people who work hard and have real skills actually. They also dislike successful people. Perhaps it is because of their Latin genes, most Latin people seem to share the same laziness. 

Most French people are ethnic celtic people who evolved to avoid working lower class jobs because celtic people were very polygynous throughout their history. Only a few high status celtic males got to breed all the women in a celtic tribe so the genetics that cause a person to not work were pretty much the only genes that got passed on to the next generation in a celtic tribe.

• Zirp

questions about the answerer are not allowed.

I'm pretty sure that millions of French do work hard

No. That's the Italians who are lazy. Italians only eat and drink

Nah, Spaniards are lazier... they're the laziest Europeans, not the French.

I can't say that I've heard that it is more common in France than elsewhere for managers to approve promotion of people they like, over other, more-qualified candidates.  That seems to be quite common everywhere, IMO.

As for vacations, most French people take the entire month of August off unless they are in a vocation that simply can't quit, like agriculture or medicine or public safety and mail.  This is just a matter of tradition, left over from the age when there was no air conditioning and city sewage was generally just dumped into the river.  August was a good time to be gone.  It's a cultural thing, rather than a matter of character.

Over the past six centuries, France has endured despotism, authoritarianism, revolution, mob rule, genocide, war, bankruptcy, being invaded, burned and conquered on more than one occasion, crop failures, famine, and the exhaustion of her coal reserves - yet she is today among the wealthiest, most comfortable, most robust of societies, cultures, and nations.  Quite impossible if French people were as you describe them.

Granted, they do have high levels of government employment, which leads in all places to complacent workers and a certain amount of corruption - but France is hardly unique in that regard.

You seem to have fallen prey to stereotypes and prejudices.

No and I can't agree with that statement because I don't know all the people who live in France to make such a generalized assessment. Do you have statistics to back up your statement? 

Although, I am aware that a strong work ethic in the USA has been on the declined and there is evidence of this fact. In the United States, the National Federation of Independent Business surveyed over half a million employers. “Thirty-one percent of those polled said that filling job openings was hard, and 21 percent said the quality of labor was generally poor.” One employer says: “It’s getting harder to find workers who come to work for more than one day, on time, and sober.”

Since I'm a citizen of the USA, I would not have the room to call any people from France or any other country, lazy. I rather heed these words of a popular saying: 'Let him that is without sin cast the first stone.'

Source(s): jw.org

I don't actually know any French people at all. So I'd have to know more to be able to agree or disagree.