Travel question:You can bring only one quart sized bag of liquids in a carry on bag. Has anyone ever brought more liquids in their carry on?

There is times i have brought more in my carry ons because I need more stuff. I usually never checked my bags I only did when I went internationally.

If you want to bring liquids, creams, aerosols beyond the 1 quart limit, then bring checked baggage.  

It exhausts me when constantly calling out on people who want to exceed the 1 quart limit even though there is no limitation in checked baggage. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oKPNjwqGp4

Youtube thumbnail

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
  • MS

It's a risk.  I had a small hand sanitizer in my purse that I had forgotten about, and it was taken.  I also had a 4oz toothpaste, and it was taken.  But I hear of others getting by with more.  You just need to decide if you'll be okay with losing your stuff if they take it.

• Redstone

I get bent out of shape when certain screeners do this. See this. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0oKPNjwqGp4

All the time.

But you never know when it's going to be a problem.

I almost always bring gallon bags not quart size. 

I have a separate make-up bag in my purse. 

Large airports like LAX or JFK never care.

Itty bitty airports like Bend, OR almost always care

Other airports, it's hit or miss. 

If the items in the bag are under 3.2ounces except for personal care items (contact lens solution, toothpaste, etc), you will likely have better luck.  I bring regular size personal care items without a problem pretty much anywhere. 

People have tried, but they make you throw out the excess.

I've never done it intentionally but did once bring something that I didn't realize counted as a liquid and was over the size limit and wouldn't fit into the one-quart bag. They took it away.

I see TSA tossing out large liquids from carry ons all the time, they show up on the scanner. YOu can try but may loose all your stuff.