What is involved in getting a will prostrated?

So my wife says the will for her dad has to be prostrated and we have a hearing on December 22. What does that involve.

Probated, not prostrated. The executor or attorney for the estate files the will with probate court. The purpose of probate is to allow creditors of the estate to come forward and make their claims against the estate. The executor may pay ongoing estate bills but may not distribute ANY estate assets to those named in the will UNTIL probate is complete, and the executor must make a full accounting of assets and liabilities (bills). Probate can take six months to much longer for complicated estates.

I have no idea why you would go to a hearing. You file the will with the court, pay the processing fee and wait for the court to issue your Letters Testamentary, your official powers to act as executor.

• PAMELA

The word is probate, she should have a lawyer to guide her through it.

I liked your use of the word "prostitute" much better than "prostrated."

Most people would be ashamed of their lack of education, their stupidity.  Good that your ego is so healthy!

I thought your fil was dying.  Still have time for games?

The term is PROBATED. Prostrate is either a physical position, or an anatomical part not generally referred to in 'polite company'.

• Little Princess

You are mixing the words prostate (the male body part) with prostRate (the body position)

Perhaps you and your wife are having his and hers appointments with a proctologist where you will be prostrate during your prostate exam and protesting screams. But it's perplexingly problematic to peruse from your post.

• Clive

The joke section is thataway, dear.

There is no such thing. She's read your posts and was questioning the health of your prostate.

Your never ending plays on words really are boring.  The flip side is, I don't think you know you are posting plays on words.  Here's your use of the word "prostitute" - "do i have to go to jail if the DA isnt going to prostitute me?"

Boring if you aren't in junior high.

• abdul

I think she meant probated. Here is a guide of what will happen.;

https://www.thebalance.com/what-is-probate-3505244

• R K

it's Probated not prostated. you go to court and the terms of the will are read. anyone who wants to contest the will will be there also. if no one contests the will you follow the terms her dad set forth in the will.