Anonymous
Anonymous asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 1 month ago

What is your opinion of Winston Churchill?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Some people think that he should have been executed in WWI, but I am not sure. He did leave his regiment while on active service, ostensibly to pursue his political career, but whether this actually amounts to desertion or not is debatable. Others say and his actions in South Africa might have got him on a warcrimes charge, but again this is not certain. It was all a very long time ago, and we all got to watch a lovely state funeral, so thats all right.

• 1 month ago

My opinion is that he is dead now.

• Biff
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The right man for the job in WW2. That voters so quickly dumped him and his government in 1945 suggests he wasn't otherwise a popular politician.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

A murdering alcoholic terrorist who started his day with a whiskey that sent the black and tans and auxiliaries to Ireland to terrorize the people, burn down towns and rape women, he also ordered the bombing of civilians in Dresden during WW2, a truly awful man

• ...Show all comments
    • Guru Hank
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

And I know who went to Bomber Harris and recommended Dresden as a target.   Heh heh.  You wouldn't recognise the name.  It took a lot to persuade Harris but he agreed in the end.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Great Briton.. active and involved in 3 wars.

Put the country first, unlike todays politicians who's career comes first before country  

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.