Hearing higher pitch in one ear?

So last week on Monday I was ill with a cold, standard business, just a sore throat and a lot of coughing and blocked nose.

Anyway, on the Friday morning I woke up basically deaf in one ear. It turned out that I had a mad amount of earwax in my ear (gross, I know), so this Friday just gone I had it syringed, basically jet-washed. I'd been deaf in my right ear for an entire week despite using ear drops before I had the chance to get it sorted, but luckily the syringing fixed it and now I've got my hearing back. Problem is, my right ear is hearing sound at a higher pitch than my left ear. It's a bit too obvious to ignore, and it's making things sound distorted, I can hear a higher pitched echo after every noise. It happens when people talk to me as well as listening to music. It's throwing me off a bit because I just feel uneven. Has anyone else had this? Do you think it might just be my ear getting used to sound again after being deaf for a week or might the mad clog of wax have messed my ear up somehow? 

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

check your ears, may need to be manually cleaned

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you should go see your doctor and get your ears checked

• Bleep1 month agoReport

Damn, I've had to go to the doctor's about 4 times in the last week for various things. Was hoping not to have to go back. Ah well, it was worth a try.

• 1 month ago

Go to the doctor again. It may need more cleaning or have trapped fluid.

• 1 month ago

See a doctor...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.