Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 8 months ago

How to know if I'm going to develop cancer at some point in my life?

• Elle

Thats what we all would like to know.

Genetic testing

First of all we all have cancer cells, in our body.  whether they grow, is anyone guess. Stress is the biggest force, not eating right not exercising, contribute also, which is the main things you have control of.  Staying away from toxic chemicals, Like roundup, and that baby powder you hear about in the news. Finally get checked out every 2 yrs, or when you have a medical concerns.  Men more the women get medical problems that can cause cancer, because women go to the doctors more often.  Other then that I would not worry about it much.  About 20% get some kind of cancer, but there is different kinds and about 2% die from it. 

not to worry , life is more terminal than cancer. People can survive cancer, but  no one survives life .

consult a doctor and go for test periodically

You don't, that's the thing.

Look at what your parents or grandparents were sick of or died of. Almost everyone in my family have died of cancer, so I wasn't surprised when I came down with it. Fortunately there are a lot more treatments available now.

i dont think you can ever know, just pray you dont

If you want to make sure you develop cancer roll around in asbestos while smoking cigars and eating processed meats - every day!

According to the American Cancer Society, men have a 39.66 percent probability, or approximately a one in three risk, of developing cancer in their lifetime. For women, the odds are slightly lower, at 37.65 percent.