Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

Why is my generation and the one after it so entitled?

I don't really get it. I'm 26 and seems every at my age and younger act like they are owed everything. I was on reddit and some one was whining about their parents not paying for chores. I just told them that their payment is a roof over their head, food and clothing. But of course I got voted down because I said something uncool.

Favorite Answer

Yeah, it sucks. I get the feeling that people just don't have the motivation to be capable people anymore. I wanted to do stuff without payment just so that I had the skills and capability to do it (obviously not now I'm older in my job, I got bills to pay) but a bit of work does people good. They see washing the dishes as work and not as a clean dish to eat off. For some reason they don't see that they benefit from doing it too

Not everyone in any generation thinks they are entitled to anything. When such a belief is more common, it generally reflects being taught they are.

Bad parenting..

Your generation is so entitled because the generation that raised you made you that way.

not everyone is like that

I have no idea.  Why ARE they entitled?

I don't know.  Why they are so purely educated is more my interest.

Because the Baby Boomers are selfish and they set the stage for parenting standards when Millennials were children so the Millennials turned out selfish too. Baby Boomers use Millennials as an instrument to fulfill their goals. Millennials are entitled because of the boomers.