Should I help her?

So I met this girl from Instagram two years ago and since then we became friends. She lives in France. So she’s writing an application letter for a veterinary assistant job. She asked me to help proofread her letter. This is the first time she asked help from me about writing essays or letters. I was just wondering if I should help her or not. I’m thinking if I helped correct her grammar, she won’t learn but then she might not get the job but if I helped her she might get the job. So what are your thoughts about this? She’s really an amazing person though we have never seen each other yet but I will visit her someday.

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Get Quality essay writing services from http://essaysshop.com

• 1 month ago

I would say help her.

• 1 month ago

Of course, you can help her. Any smart person gets someone else to look over an application letter, or something they're sending for publication. The problem is that you probably CAN'T explain to her why something is wrong- most native speakers can't. And I hope you actually have a decent grasp of spelling, punctuation and grammar.  I'm not going to attempt to read the tiny little picture you posted. If you want to write out some of the things you're unsure of, we might be able to help. But a lot of people on this board answer grammar questions when they have no idea what they're talking about. 

• 1 month ago

If you feel you want to help her then do, but also explain why she's wrong and what she needs to change it to. Then she'll understand and learn, and get it right

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i would help her

• 1 month ago

"I’m thinking if I helped correct her grammar, she won’t learn" - I seriously have no idea what you mean. That is how you learn. I'm not sure how she is suppose to learn if no one points out the errors. Where she is applying certainly isn't going to call her and tell her what errors need to be fixed.

• Bill
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

She's applying for a job, so she's probably completed whatever education is required for that job. If your French is good enough to proofread a letter, I see nothing wrong with it.

• Gian Louis1 month agoReport

So does that mean I don’t have to correct her letter?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.