Is it fair for a manager to be included in tips?

I work at a small bakery. Making below minimum wage. I work with a few other teens as well and we have a tip jar. The tips are okay around 10$ each a shift. The problem is that there is an unspoken rule my manager is to be included. I feel this is unfair because when we are there she never helps up front she is always in the back. What should i dont in this situation. I feel i worked hard to earn the tips and she shouldn’t be included since she didn’t earn them and she is much older and probably makes more money.

• D

her shop, her rules. sorry kiddo

Yup, it's fair.  If you don't like it, quit.

< Making below minimum wage >

Instead of worry about $10 from tips, why aren't you asking why you aren't making minimum wage?

• lauren1 month agoReport

They say since we make tips that counts. But the manger takes a portion tips ugh!

• edward

You manager has probably been there before. Managers work harder than anyone else. My manager is always stressed out and the papers on her desk are always stacked a mile high

• lauren1 month agoReport

My manager literally does nothing. The owner does all the paperwork stuff so she is just kinda there

• God

It is strictly forbidden in the US for supervisors or managers taking part of the tips from the hour workers' tip jar. 

Sure because a manager is there managing and doing a lot of work too.

• lauren1 month agoReport

They get paid more than we do.