Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 2 months ago

Why should anyone listen when someone says "We are atheists pay us heed!" when atheism is 2 percent of the world, and is ridiculous?

• Tommy

Does anyone ever say anything even close to "pay us heed". No Atheist I've ever known would say something as odd as that. Are you sure you are not lying?

• Hogie

When you factor in false religions and their adherents, the percentage goes up... way up.

And the ignorant fundie lies, how cute.

We have the truth, can you handle it.

"atheists" make up way more than 2%........... but the fact that in some places they could lose their heads if found out.... that keeps the true % lower than it actually is.... I would say that the number should be over 30%.... at least

You will because you're obsessed with atheists.

• Bokito

Real information seems to be very scarce around your bridge of residence. Maybe you should listen.

I have never heard an atheist say that so why are you bearing false witness against your neighbour? Isn't that against your rules? 

I have no idea where you get your figure of 2% from. Atheism is common in every country and open atheism is rising in countries where it is not punishable by religious courts. In Australia at the last census in 2016, atheism was 30.1% of the population, up from 22.3% five years earlier. Total Christianity had fallen from 61.1% to 52.1% in the same period.

Wow. An argumentum ad populum and an ad hominem attack in the same question.

Because you might actually learn something.

I am generally quite happy to listen to what theists say. I don't rule out that it might be something valuable, just because they are a theist.