Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

How to eat properly when going to the gym?

If I don't eat within a few hours of going to the gym I get nauseous. If I do eat within a few hours I get hungry within 90 minutes of finishing my workout. What to do?

If you are a hard gainer, you should eat before, during and after a workout. 

• Louis

I don't eat before going to the gym. and i eat after my workout. Sometimes its right after the workout. sometimes it might be 2 hours later. Why don't you do that? 

i would ask your doctor why youre getting nauseous

Everyone has their own sweet spot. For me, I have to eat something non-liquidy (like if I go to they gym in the morning I can't have cereal, must be toast) and then give myself 2 hours for it to settle, for prime exercise time. Took me a lot of experimenting to get to that understanding though. It's not only timings, but also consistency and amount of food that you have to play with. Some people work best having a couple of biscuits half an hour before a workout, some people can workout fine on an empty stomach