People who are anti-gay, why do you think homosexuality is wrong?
- SaraLv 78 months ago
They'll come up with a lot of excuses, but they all boil down to they think it's icky.
- 8 months ago
Because it is hated by Allah and it's a filthy stuff which causes diseases such as AIDS,cancer
- reme_1Lv 78 months ago
They have been raised/brainwashed by their preachers.
- Anonymous8 months ago
Because they are idiots. Many are right-wing religious fundamentalists with a disillusion from reality.
- What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
- TylerLv 68 months ago
your mistake in this question is assuming anti-gay individuals think to begin with lmao
- iammclaneLv 78 months ago
There are five answers to that question (plus a couple other considerations):
1. Some feel that ALL sex is a form of temptation to divert from the things people SHOULD be pursuing, and therefore should not be practiced in any self-indulgent way. You could think of this as the "take only what you need" school of thought. Believers need to rationalize why sex is not totally sinful, and they do so by virtue of it being necessary for reproduction - which is why you see that point raised from time to time in rants against homosexuality. (That is, that homosexuality is bad because it can't produce babies.)
2. Others believe that their deity has literally and specifically told them that homosexuality is wrong - so no further consideration is warranted.
3. Still others feel that homosexuals are defective human beings, both weak and sick...in the same circumstances as people with birth defects or mental illness. They consider them to be less-than, to be embarrassing company, to be shameful blots on family character. This is a bit like a flock of chickens pecking to death one of their number that has fallen ill or been injured, or that was hatched with odd plumage. It's a reptilian instinct which some people cannot overcome.
4. Yet others fear homosexuals because they understand that male society's rule requires homosexuals to be relegated to the lowest, most abused level of the male pecking-order (and that powerful males at the top of the pecking order find this to be a convenient threat for preserving the order beneath them). They also know that this rule includes a by-law that says anyone who does not abuse a homosexual will be suspected of being a homosexual himself. So they are imbued with a reflexive rejection of any aspect or hint of homosexuality around them. This is a cultural taboo that is enforced by male society, and reinforced by religion. The powerful males and the powerful prelates recognize that they each benefit from the other's policy. This is an extremely strong relationship that buttresses many people's impression that homosexuality is wrong. This is the most commonly-held reason, and it is also the most subtle. Most men who react to homosexuality because of this reason are not aware of it, except in a vague sense that they cannot normally express.
5. It must be mentioned that there are a number of individuals around the world who have been molested by someone of their own gender, and who will forever be opposed to homosexuality as a result - even when the event took place between two children, or was an act of same-sex rapist rather than a homosexual. This is due to confusing the crime with some aspect of the criminal, which is a very common error. It is the same sort of thing as being compelled to pay interest on a loan from a Jew, and then concluding that all Jews are bad. This often results in others, who have never been molested by anyone, being convinced that all homosexuals are molesters and that anyone who expresses homosexual interest will sooner or later molest someone else. A victim's experience of guilt, of inadequacy, of being soiled or defective can be aggravated by any of the four other reasons above, and lead many people, beyond the victim, to think all homosexuals are bad.
A final set of reasons is held by people with vivid, even lurid, imaginations - who cannot help themselves from picturing things that excite their sense of disgust or squeamishness. Such people have impressions of homosexuality that stem from one of the five reasons above, but their compulsion for conjuring nausea or a sense of nastiness leads them overlay that initial disapproval with a catalogue of images that, for them, excite repulsion. Eventually, the repulsion overlays their initial reasons. You see this among men and women who secretly are ashamed of their own genitals because they find them repellent. The idea of two men or two women having sex is played out in their minds in full colour, as these horribly ugly pieces of shameful anatomy rubbing together - slimy, smelly, repulsive. (Such people are usually much more bothered by imagining homosexuals of their own gender, since it's via their OWN genitals that their revulsion issue is expressed.) Typically, there is a fascination with anal play - despite the fact that it's not exclusive to homosexuality - because that allows them to imagine feces and other smells, all very compelling. For such people, homosexuality is wrong because it is so fascinatingly gross in their mind's eye.
I should add that there are many who will say that homosexuality results in diseases, and who will specifically mention HIV or AIDS. Obviously, ALL sex can result in diseases including HIV/AIDS - so this is not actually a REASON that people believe homosexuality is wrong. It's a RATIONALIZATION used to defend or justify whichever of the four above is the REAL reason that the person thinks homosexuality is wrong. It can be discounted as an actual cause for anti-gay prejudice...it's just an excuse.
- Anonymous8 months ago
No one is "anti-gay" as you call it... they just don't want to have political agendas shoved in their face.
most people don't care, they just would prefer you to keep your business to yourself. I mean, no one goes around saying "i am into bdsm or kink" but LGBT wants that stuff normalized
- PeterLv 78 months ago
It's an unclean act and unnatural.
- LizLv 68 months ago
The Bible does not promote prejudice against people. However, its view of homosexual acts is clear.
“You must not lie down with a male the same as you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable thing.”—Leviticus 18:22.
The Bible describes homosexual acts as unnatural and obscene because they involve sexual activity that was not intended by our Creator. Homosexual acts cannot produce offspring. Although the Bible condemns homosexual acts, it does not encourage prejudice, hate crimes, or any other kind of mistreatment of homosexuals.—Romans 12:18Source(s): jw.org