When’s a good age to get married my mom said 17-23 but she’s like 41 so she’s old school and not with it?

Lol. How old are you?

Marriages involved women under 25 and/or men under 27 have an 88% divorce rate. This is because the human brain isn't fully developed until those ages. Marrying after 25 brings the success rate up substantially. So Mom is channeling an earlier time when despite a lack of brain development people took more responsibility in life. One wonders if Mom is still married to her first spouse.

When "old school" was in vogue we didn't have so many divorces.  So does "new school" offer any benefits?  Or are we all getting it completely wrong from the ground up.  The advantage of marrying young is that you have the possibility of growing up together.  It can have benefits in starting a family.  Today women are so old that lack of fertility is becoming a serious social problem.  I have been with my girl since I was 19, married when I had just turned 22 and she was 21.  We have had a most wonderful life together.  So for me this age worked very well indeed.

• Andrew Smith

It is a problem to those who CANNOT have children.  Yes we are overpopulated. So we don't need lots of children.  Yet the rate of people who need assistance to get pregnant is skyrocketing with the increasing age of marriage.  They are unhappy about it.

19-23, 17 is too young.

• David

You are right. That is old-school thinking. Scientific studies state you need to seriously date at least 13 people before you are ready to even START looking for a FUTURE husband or wife. And of course, seriously dating all those people takes time. We're not talking about one-night stands, FWB situations or summer flings. Most people should be ready to start their search for "the right one" by the time they reach their mid-30s or early 40s. If you want to do it correctly, that is.

If you want to do it old-school, you can get married at 17 and divorced at 19. And then married again at 21 and divorced again at 23...

• RP

Her opinion is as valid as anyone's. For many, 41 may seem ancient, but, for others, it is very young.

• Andrew Smith

I can vaguely remember 41 but it was a long, long time ago. 

After you're established and old enough to have some relationship experience and know what your values are. That means 25 or over would be better.

• SeldomSeen

Who struggles to adapt? The younger people are when they marry the first time the more likely they are to divorce. And more people are cohabiting than marrying now anyway.

Once I stumbled across upon a bridge at Bagbazar, so many chains it is tied with.

Nothing will happen if one was to be released, for there are so many others to keep it in place.

Likewise a worldly man is bound and there is no way for him to get rid of them, but through the grace of God.

Rama Krishna

Until you get your anxiety and other mental health concerns under control, I'd suggest that NEVER is a good answer in your case.

I married at 29, following two college degrees.

After college or grad school, once your career is established is usually the smartest. Maybe late 20's to 30's. I wouldn't add in something like marriage prior to that.