Steve asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 8 months ago

Is it okay to eat the same thing every day?

I will have 3 meals a day. Breakfast, lunch and dinner but for each of those meals I will have different things to eat. Also, what are some key things to eat for nutrional value if I'm short on money? My favorite vegetable is green beans. I like to stir fry them in oil and top it off with some salt. I have also cooked broccoli, carrots, snap peas and cauliflower before too. My main source of protein will have to be either eggs or hot dogs. Carbs will be bread and rice. 

You better change the meals we most advice it

• Alpha

Lose the hot dogs. There are much better protein source than hot dogs for about the same price and hot dogs, especially the ones with sodium nitrite and smoke flavoring, have been linked to cancer.

If you can afford all the other meal items, there is no reason why you cannot afford fresh meats. Take the whole roasted chicken many grocery stores have. While they cost more than hot dogs, one whole chicken can last 1 person more than 4 days.

Buy your food items that are on sale. Clip coupons or get the loyalty card memberships some stores have that give the members discounts.

As for eating the same thing of what you have listed (other than hot dogs), I see no problems.

As for eating

Not bad at all...

I don't know your age, but if you are an adult over 25, 30 and don't train hard, you don't need all that many proteins. If you're short on money, cut down on meat and go vegetables... Preferably seasonable. They'll help you with vitamins and minerals.

And skip the hot dogs. There's not much protein there anyway.

That's good when they are well planed meals. It's exactly what bodybuilders and celebrities do to get in shape.  

Sunflower seeds have incredible and wide ranging nutritional value.

• Nunya

I eat the same sandwich every day for breakfast for the last 4-5 years. I have started to add mustard to 'switch it up' a bit. I think people should eat what they enjoy. No need to sit there worrying about every other food you never bother with.