Vegans would you eat clams?

Apparently they don't have a brain. Wonderin

No. Its a living creature. So not.

Thats a no brainer then i would eat them.

Reading your question and at least one answer you have, it doesn't seem like it's the clams that have no brain. Are you serious?

Vegans consume NO MEAT AND NO ANIMAL PRODUCTS OF ANY KIND.

There are NO vegans or  even vegetarians who eat clams.

• Louis

I might. But I haven't. So far I don't see a need for clams. 

There are a few vegans that do eat clams. They call themselves bivalve vegans. Clams are bivalves but I think oysters were the main thing. 

And clams have something brain-like. It is made of nervous tissue just like our brains. but much much simpler. but it does do all the work a brain has to do. 

Bumblebees and lobsters also have very tiny brains. And we can observe each of those animals do complicated things. Bee dance to communicate. Lobsters make migrations of hundreds of mile along the bottom of the ocean. and they travel the same paths each year. 

I think vegans are mostly concerned with if the animal experiences pain. And I can't answer that question. 

Maybe another reason is that if you can eat an animal like a clam, why couldn't you eat an oyster, or a lobster, or a cricket, or a mouse, a cat, a dog, a pig, a cow. If the liine is arbitrary - how do you defend it? 

So anyway, I really like my homemade Manhattan Chickpea Chowder. No clams are necessary. 

Clams dont have a brain? well if vegans ate clams wouldnt that be cannibalism? So no I dont think they would