asked in Cars & TransportationCommuting · 10 months ago

is it just me or does it seem like in the past 5 or 6 years that EVERYBODY is going at least 15 mph over the speed LIMIT...? why this is?

i am doing the speed limit, yet 95 percet of vehicles are just flying by me...why this is?

why the police are not puling these people over right and left? that is a lot of money they are not making, why they dont want to make that money?

• BB

I only go that much over the limit when there are no cops around or if everyone else is going that fast.😉

Maybe they already made their quota and it is for next payday so they allow them to get wild and then PUT THE HAMMER DOWN.  And nail 50 of them in one go.

• F

Because we have stupidly low speed limits set for cars in the 50s or 60s when they had rubbish brakes and tyres and took  forever to stop. What annoys me, is people who travel at 40 in a 60 area holding everyone up  but just continue at 40 when they hit a 30.

One of the main reasons more people don't get pulled over is the high rate of officer fatalities from getting hit by cars or shot by the people they've pulled over.  Fact. 

That's a very common occurrence in California. When I would travel to Chico on CA 99, I regularly saw people driving 75+ on a 2 lane highway.

I cannot speak for everywhere, but here in California the California Highway Patrol typically ticket drivers going 80 or over. Not all agencies go by that though so it is best to hold it down to the proper speed limit. If you are getting run over, then just stay out of the number one lane as much as possible. I like to use my cruise control in traffic like that so that my emotions are not controlling the speed of the car. Great way to avoid a ticket when everyone else gets caught in a speed trap.

You must live in the country..theres too much traffic in la to do that

On the freeway where I live, people seem to go maybe 10 mph over the limit if traffic isn't too heavy and then the speed is lower.  15 mph over and you will get pulled over by WA state patrol.

because they are a** holes