Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 8 months ago

What does 'such a lovely person' mean here?

'Tom you can always speak to me :) and I don't know of anyone who hates you youre such a lovely person.'

What does 'such a lovely person' mean here?

Do you think the person who said it to me cares about me/is my friend?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • RP
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

It means the person is so nice anyone would want to know her/him.

• ?
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

This is a nice person trying to reassure you. I think you're relying on this person too much. You're using them as a therapist, complaining to them that everyone hates you, and then hoping that they care about you as a friend. That's unlikely. They are probably extremely uncomfortable at the position you've put them in. If you need therapy for your insecurities, go to a therapist. 

• 8 months ago

Taken at face value it means that they think of you as a nice empathic person who cares about others' feelings. Those qualities could allow you to become a friend because one to the factors involved in making friends involves helping them.

Only if they said it in a sarcastic tone of voice could it be considered bad.

• 8 months ago

Friend zone. ......

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lv 7
    8 months ago

geez, can't you just take it at face value? why do people have to try to read into every single statement made by someone?

• 8 months ago

"lovely" in this context probably means something similar to "great" or "wonderful" so yes the person who said it probably cares about you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.