The 2010s is the worst decade in music. Anyone else agree?

I was born in 1997 and I'm very unsatisfied with the way music is in my generation. I listen to a lot of music from the early 2000s, 90s, 80s, 70s, and 60s. I mean its been a typical thing for older generations to dislike younger generation's music, but in the past it was mainly because of cultural differences. The Lost Generation had a dislike towards The Boomer's Elvis Presley for his sexual things he would do on stage, like swinging his hips, but yet they could usually consider it listenable. When previous generations listen to modern hip-hop like Post Malone, they often cringe and consider it the R-word. All these rappers with face tattoos and extremely auto-tuned voices. I feel alone in my generation. I was born in the wrong time. 

Both yes and no. Fortunately, you can listen to anything else but the pop music that keeps playing on the radio. Good, new music is still somewhere out there, you just need to research it.

still there is many many great music out there around the world. just we need to be opened mind to enjoy it.  

The 2010s was not a very good time for music. It didnt all suck, but there where not a lot of bright spots. You are very wise beyond your years. But music isnt supposed to be liked by all. Thats why there are choices.

• Yep. Everything is all rap and substep now. It's terrible.

absolutely yes, most of the music I listen to are from the 70's to the early 90's.

Agree to disagree. 

Kendrick Lamar and Daylyt are saving rap. 

As far as rock, well we have a long way to go before that reaches its previous glory.

Sure there are millions of bands out there. And probably out of those there are 1000 that are good, 100 that are great, and 50 that are exceptional. But overall rock is lagging. 

Why? Because its not coming up with anything new. All that is happening is people are coming up with new ways to use ideas that have already been done. 

Knocked Loose. Meh, okay band. Lots of promise. Detuned guitars mixed with Punk attitude and song structures and Dream Theater style instrumentation: hey, they are good at it. But I cant sit here and lie to you by saying that nobody was doing that in the 90s. (See At The Gates and Dark Tranquillity). 

Let me prove to you that things that you may think are new ideas really arent:

Metalcore - This genre is older than you think, see Discharge on their 1982 album "Hear Nothing, See Nothing, Say Nothing". 

Trap Metal - Another genre that is older than many realize, see Techno Animal on their final album, 2001's "Brotherhood Of The Bomb". 

Autotune in singing - see Zapp

Im getting bored. And you are probably getting the idea by now. Nothing new is being thought up in rock and roll. And until then, rock will lag behind rap. 

Source(s): 79

The music is doing fine. Radio sold-out to the corporations when you were born and died not long afterwards. At 22 it's amazing to me you haven't figured that out yet. You have internet, use it Einstein.

I disagree. I'm older than you, but I've been able to find plenty of good new music. The Internet makes it much easier.

It just seems that way.

The chart topping music of every decade is mostly awful. It takes time for such rubbish to be forgotten, then only the gems of previous decades are remembered.

I agree. The 2010s were full of horrible music like rappers whose names begin with "lil", Post Malone, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish, xxxtentation, etc. I was born in 2004 and I wish I was around when my favourite bands like Panic! At The Disco and My Chemical Romance were in their heyday (yes, I was around but I was too young). Sure, Panic! still releases music but he's become more of a popstar now, I dislike his newer albums. I do like twenty one pilots (released their first album in 2009), but that's really the only good music this decade has. Today's popular music is limited to people mumbling/whispering lyrics they didn't even write.

• Panic! At The Disco and My Chemical Romance are so much worse than the 2010s artists you mentioned.