Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Where in the bible does it say that Jesus is God?

I read the bible all the time and never seen it. 

Jesus prayed to his Father in heaven and said he can not do anything without the Father. also who resurrected Jesus and please do not tell me he resurrected himself, Jesus was dead. God can not die and Jesus was human who died for our sins and he died

when Jesus said you seen me you seen the Father, Jesus was with God for eons of years so he knows the Father real well, that does not mean he is God. 

for the ones who are rude, you do not know me and have no right being rude. 

even when I grew up being Jewish, I know that Jesus was not God. and Jewish people do not believe in Jesus Christ but I had friends that where not Jewish

Favorite Answer

It doesn't.............

• P

John20vs28; Thomas answered him and said "my Lord and my God!"  Matt 2;11 Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.How can you say "show us the father"?  How can you say  the Bible doesnt say Jesus is God?!!

The Bible says. Keep this mental attitude in you that was also in Crist Jesus who although he was existing in God's Form gave no consideration to a seizure, namely, that he should be equal to God (philippians2:5,6)

• P

John 1; 1  says "In the beginning was the word, and the word was with God and the word WAS God." The word is Yahshua. God is Yahweh. So,  as you can see, Yahshua carries the personal name of God within Him.He is part of God.  They are ONE.

Now in Isaiah 44 verse 6, Yahweh says, "Thus says YHWH, The King of Israel and His Redeemer YHWH of Hosts, I AM the first and I AM the last and there is no God beside me". This verse describes Him as a plurality as well as a singularity. [He is the King of Israel - AND He has a Redeemer!]

Isaiah 48 verse 12 "Listen to me O Jacob, even Israel whom I called: I AM HE. I AM the first , I AM also the last.[ He is also the ONLY God.]

Now in the book of Revelation, Yahshua the Messiah says at  Rev1:16-18 "I AM the first and the last, and the living one; and I was dead, and behold I am alive forever more"

Rev 22 verse 13 Yahshua says; "I AM the Alpha and the Omega,"Who is and who was, and who is to come, THE ALMIGHTY."

So both YHWH and Yahshua are saying the same thing. They are both saying that they are The first and The Last, The Alpha and Omega, and that there is no other God! So Yahshua and Yahweh are God Almighty! 

• WOOWHO

Where  ( what  human  authors writings  contained  it the  BIBLE  ASSERTS  or presents the  Proposition  )  "says "  that Jesus is "God " ..... Christianity   is  an OFFSHOOT  of Judaism ....

Judaism  2000 years  ago  in the time of a MAN   today identified as  "JESUS "  but one can Suspect possibly named  YESHUA   the Hebrew language has  no "J"  and the letter  "J" as a distinct  letter and Symbol   representing  a distinct Sound was only INVENTED  500 years ago    the Human CONCEPTS  of gods  is described  among many cultures that predate  JUDAISM . the OLDEST  documentation  WRTTEN   record of a Humans CONCEPT and promotion  of a proposition of    a god  is ANU from the SUMERIANS dated to  4 - 5000 BCE the VEDAS  the oldest HINDU text are dated to been completed  before  800 BCE the OLDEST Hebrew Manuscripts are dated to the 2nd and 3rd centuries BCE  ( Dead Sea Scrolls ) additionally a few earlier pottery shards  of some HEBRAIC  inscriptions

... 2000 Years ago  the population of  HEBREW  were facing  oppression at the hands of the ROMAN EMPIRE  the JEWISH ROMAN  WARS are documented to have taken place in the year  66 CE ( AD )   33 years AFTER   the asserted dates of  "jesus "

the Hebrews  were waiting  for a  MESSIAH    FACT  the BIBLE  makes no EXPLICIT  reference to a MESSIAH

where does  the JEWISH  CONCEPT of the MESSIAH come from Isaiah 2 1-4 and other passages

a PERSON  that of a DESCENDANT  of DAVID  who is ANOINTED  the meaning of the word MESSIAH who will  ( KEY WORD ) RULE ISRAEL  at the time of PERFECTION  ( universal  peace and recognition  of G-d )

Since every  Kings is  a MESSIAH by convention  ( anointed )  the BIBLE writers never write about the BELIEF  in a MESSIAH  because that PERSONS  reign would be a  historically VERIFIABLE  REALITY   SELF EVIDENT to any person and not RELIANT on BELIEF or FAITH

the ROMAN General  POMPEY established a ROMAN  Province  of  SYRIA  in 64BCE the CONQUERED  JERUSALEM  the date of  63 BCE  Julius Caesar  conquered  Alexandra  in 47 BCE and JUDAISM was recognized as a LEGAL religion  Caesar Defeated Pompey in 45BCE  under the ruling  of  HASMONEAN dynasty was deposed by the ROMANS after the roman Senate declare  HEROD  " KING "  over the Jews 

in the NEW TESTAMENT the term  "SON of God "  is used by the writers    the term  SON of God should not be Confused with the term  GOD the SON ( a Greek reference )  the 2nd "person " of the TRINITY   of Christian Theology the DOCTRINE  of the trinity applies the Title of "God "   the son 

thank you for your INQUIRY  information provided

John 8:58, Exodus 3:14.

• Numbers 23:19 says that God is not a man nor a son of man. How many times did Jesus Christ say that he is the Son of man? At least 8 times that I found and it calls him son of man at Revelation 14:14. So God says he's not a son of man and yet Jesus Christ call himself Son of man. That pretty decisive.

I don't know. But I do know that Jesus was the son of God and he died for our sins so that we can go to Heaven (if we believe). He is pretty much one and the same with God.

• yesmar

Revelation 1:8

“I am the Alpha and the Omega—the beginning and the end,”[e] says the Lord God. “I am the one who is, who always was, and who is still to come—the Almighty One.”

Perhaps you didn't read that part of the Bible.

• odd

John 20:28   Thomas called Jesus Lord and God.

• Enigma

John 1.1 settles it

• A C

Also refer to John 1:14

We know that Jesus is the Word. John 1:1 states: "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God".