Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Marriage Porn Use?

I want other married couples opinions on porn use? My husband watches real porn on chatterbait (or however its spelled), as well as his guy friends send him gifs and inappropriate videos of girls naked doing all types of things. It really bothers me because in my opinion, sex and the naked body is something solely a married couple shared together. I dont think his friends should be sending nasty stuff, nor should he be sending it. Like I said I think sex and sexual things should only be shared within the married couple and them only? I want to know what other married people think and their thoughts about the issue.

I don't have this hangup because my spouse and I enjoy watching porn together and separately and I'm not threatened by that ('cause I know these porn stars have zero interest in my husband). But if you made this a rule prior to marrying this guy and he's now ignoring that you have a legitimate gripe.

"In the eye of the beholder" & I agree on some points but on the other hand 'who's kidd'n who',, In the Real World sex isn't always the exclusive domain of the sanctified respectability of Marriage.

Guys that do Cat-Calls & whistles at women are jerks, and I certainly never knew any women who were the least bit amused let alone  turned-on when some dickhole sends or texts raunchy porn.,, I mean really?  WTF is Up with that? I'm suddenly flashbacked to the image of little boys when I was just a 12 year old 6th grader tossing a Tampon around the playground like bunch of total dumbA*ses!

However,, SOME married people actually DO look at porn together for inspiration & Ideas,,especially Younger married people that haven't got allot of experience & just need a little confirmation that YUP! 'That's what Married People do,,since there are NO specific rules of Hoyle or  limits to what people are are allowed to do to keep themselves & each-other amused within the Sanctified Respectability of Marriage,,, Not to mention what people in the Free World are inclined to be inspired to wanna do whether they're married or Not,,,That is unless you consider only authorized representations  the "Kama Sutra" to be the only Acceptable visual aid....

• Ocimom

Porn is a slow poison in any relationship that will eventually kill it.  It IS a form of cheating as the spouse is looking at and focusing on other naked people that is NOT his partner.  Read the book and have him read it too - Every Man's Battle.  It will open your eyes to the destructiveness of porn.  Its NOT harmless or ok to watch it.

• n2mama

Personally, I’ve been married for almost 20 years, and I don’t give porn a thought. I don’t care if my husband watches it or not, I’m not threatened by it if he does. We are in our 40s, so I assume his friends don’t send him raunchy stuff, but I also don’t monitor his phone or email, so I suppose it’s possible they might. Again, I’m not threatened by it, so I don’t spend my energy worrying about it. I’ve got enough other things to stress over.

Your opinion that sex and sexual things should only be shared within the married couple and them only is correct.Get together and enjoy Porn.That will give a better sexual satisfaction in making love.

Men watch porn.  Shouldn't have married one if you can't deal with it.

Just because you don't like sex doesn't mean your husband has to follow suit.

• David

Sigh...

This has only been answered about a bajillion times already.

Men watch porn.

All men watch porn.

Some men say they don't. Those are the men who watch porn and LIE about it.

Women have a choice, regarding porn:

1) You can accept that your husband/boyfriend/whatever watches porn OR

2) You can remain single and not dating any men for your entire life.

That's it. There is no third option.

Debating about whether it's right or not for a husband to watch porn is like debating whether it's right or not for a guy to pee standing up. The answer is moot, because no matter where your opinion falls, it's happening anyway....

Would you rather he go and rent a cd and bring it home so you can watch it with him? He should be agreeable to that.

This is something each couple needs to work out.  Like you, I'm very uncomfortable with this.  I also have a stronger sex drive than my husband.  So if he wants sex, he knows all he has to do is let me know.  There's no need to resort to porn.  And if his friends sent him raunchy videos, they'd probably be ex-friends if they ignored his warnings not to.