Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 8 months ago

How can I and other sane independents take this whole impeachment thing seriously when some Democrats don't?

If Trump is guilty of a crime, which it doesn't really look like he is, then surely every Democrat and even many republicans would vote for impeachment. Yet, so far impeachment has been a partisan action with some Democrats like Collin Peterson and Jeff Van Drew promising to vote against impeachment. And many more Democrats may vote against it. How can I take it seriously??? I'm always open-minded, so please do change my mind.

Trump has broken NO LAW. BILL CLINTON and HILLARY broke many laws and even lied about it and later admitted it.. 

TRUMP has done nothing wrong so the Dems are claiming OBSTRUCTION... but they CANNOT PROVE EXACTLY HOW HE SUPPOSEDLY OBSTRUCTED THEIR INVESTIGATION which they have found NOTHING... so they want to CRY OBSTRUCTION... SENSE WHEN IN THE UNITED STATES does any LAW OR COURT REQUIRE YOU TO ADMIT YOU ARE GUILTY OF ANYTHING... IF YOU DID there would be NO NEED FOR DEFENSE LAWYERS.

• Sally

I don't understand why so many people confuse impeachment with crime.

There are many crimes - like jaywalking, defacing a mailbox - that are not impeachable. And there are many impeachable offenses - like abuse of power, obstruction of justice - that are not necessarily crimes.

They are two different things. So how can we take YOU seriously when you don't even have the facts?

That's not the reason not to take it seriously. The correct reasons are that (1) it would take 67 Senators to remove Trump from office and currently only about 45 are even considering it, and (2) it takes only 34 to keep him in office and it looks like he has he votes of at least 53, perhaps more.

First, you are not important.

Secondly, no one gives a rat's butt what you believe or don't believe.

And please remember this.

• Trump's not guilty of a crime. He's guilty of thousands of them

I'm independent too, but you have to consider a few factors. A lot of people are pretty convinced that there will, unfortunately due to people's stupidity and propaganda, be a civiI war if Trump is impeached. That's why Democrats like TuIsi Gabbard initiaIIy said that they wouId not support impeachment, although she never said Trump did not commit any wrongdoings. 

After reviewing the evidence for myself, while he has done a lot of things wrong, I personally do not know if what Trump has done is grounds for impeachment. However, the Founding Fathers made the impeachment process so vague that it's hard to tell what is grounds for impeachment. It's almost as if they allowed for Congress to impeach a president simply because people don't like him. 

Ultimately though, impeachment will inevitably tear the country apart, even more so than it's already been. I personally don't believe impeachment is incredibly unreasonable though otherwise.

Independents will mostly flock to vote Trump because of this.