can I do something to leave home?

I'm a15 year old girl, my dad is so strict I can't ever do anything, he still picks out my clothes to wear, He calls me in from work when he is mad at me then yells at me when I miss payments for the bills he makes me pay. He says my social time is dependant on grades and I have all As and one D and he doesn't let me do anything. Is there something I can do to leave home? I don't want to be here anymore I don't get any support physically mentally or emotionally.

Talk to a school counselor about this and see if maybe you can get Dad to agree to some family counseling for the two of you. Sounds like there's no coparent in the picture which likely means you're both suffering from whatever happened to your other parent.

• Raja

At 15 you are a minor. You will have stay with your parents. Talk to your mom about the strict rules of your Dad and let her suggest that he should not be so strict with you and are worried that you are not getting any physical or emotional support from from him.  

Your dad has no right getting to tell you what to wear within reason.  At 15 you have to be careful and respectful but a dad picking their girl's clothing is wrong.  If you get high-end clothes, it is their money.  Be mindful they may be one a budget.

I always stick up for teens but I am also aware that sometimes teens can distort or even lie.   Part of growing up.  When you are 18 then you can out your own clothes unless your parents are still buying them.

But sometimes life is unfair.  I suppose that as your approach 18,  you can sit down and talk with them.  We can work as a teen, get a job, pay your own bills,  save as much as you can.  I believe that when you are buying clothes, then you understand about responsibility. 

• Ann

I'm wondering if the money you're paying bills with is from Social Security because your mother is deceased.  If that's the case, then it's supposed to be your money (kind of like a savings account). You're too young to hold a job, so that's what comes to mind.  If you have grandparents or some other relative you could talk to about this, tell that person what is going on.  Talk to the teacher of the class you're having trouble with, and ask about getting some tutoring in order to bring up that grade.  Also, talk to your school counselor about what is going on at home.  That will at least give you someone to talk to about your feelings, and that will be some emotional support. Yelling doesn't constitute physical abuse, but if your father ever does become physically abusive (slapping, hitting, etc.), immediately tell some adults who can help you.  I'm wondering where your grandparents and other relatives are.  Does your father keep you from them?  Just remember that when you're 18, you can legally leave.  You need to start preparing yourself for being independent by getting a job when you're 16 and putting 50% of your earnings into a bank account that's only in your name and that no one can touch. That way, you'll have some money to start out. 

Is emancipation an option at your age?

• Edna

No - emancipation is NOT an option at her age. You have to be at least 16 to even apply to the Court for emancipation. She wouldn't be emancipated anyway. She has no job and no way of supporting herself independently of her parents.

Where would a 15 year old girl go, and that's something you should ask yourself.

Your life could be much worse than what you have now. I have seen homeless people sleeping outside. I suppose you could do what homeless people do. No, you would not have to do whatever your dad says if prefer to be homeless, but I think you might lose your life if you prefer to be homeless, or get hurt. I can think of other bad things that can happen to you. Is that what you want?

I forgot starvation. You won't have food to eat unless if you can figure out a way to get it yourself. Nobody would be making your meals, so if you don't cook then you will not eat, and if you do not eat then you will starve.

Your dad picking out your clothes won't happen anymore once you are on your own. You would have to go get your own clothes, or you can learn how to make it. Perhaps you prefer to walk around naked outside. I wonder what would happen to you if males see you naked.

Yes.  You can start getting prepared to leave when you turn 18 in less than 3 years.  You think life is tough now, it gets harder and far more expensive later without Dad's help.

she is my girl friend

• Richard

I think I had her last night...

Why don't you give it a short thousand days and see what develops?

you could try talking to cps about it and see what they say

• Edna

Oh, for Heaven's sake, Pearl.  CPS isn't going to get involved in this. CPS has no reason to do so. The girl isn't being starved and she's not being physically or emotionally  abused. She's just another whiny 15-year-old girl who thinks her dad is treating her 'bad'.