Steven asked in Social SciencePsychology · 12 months ago

What does it mean to be a social person?

Someone who gets along with everybody is he truly social or is he just not enough disturbing to be pushed away?

Someone who has very few friends, can he be a social person too? Maybe he is social with the few people who socialize with him?

Is the number of acquaintances a measure of how social you are?

It simply means one socialises, not nessasarily 

With everyone or well, just trying counts.

Thanks 

Very Best Wishes 

Mars 

Source:) Personal views cited 

• Jen

To be open, easy going and friendly. A lot of people will like you better when you are yourself. Someone who have a lot of acquaintances probably just want to have fun and not take life so serious. I don’t think they care for a stable life or stable relationships. On the other hand, someone who doesn’t like a lot of friends/acquaintances want a more stable life and look for more deeper meaningful relationships. It doesn’t actually tell you how social someone is by the number of their friends/acquaintances because you don’t know someone until you live with them and then you get to see their real face. People act so much different outside of their home then who they really are at home. 

They like everyone regardless of who they are.

to be outgoing and like the company of others.

I think the primary point as far as I'm concerned, is that it's not about quantity. Some of the most narcissistic, manipulative sh­its I've met have a full social calendar - so clearly quantity is not the measure.

I think that it's that you engage properly and fully with others. No attempt at dominance or determination to be right, or louder, or bigger. The ego goes and you just interact. And that's almost certainly going to be with a small number of people - it takes me 5 years to make a friend these days

To be a social person means to enjoy talking to people. If you are for some reason afraid to talk to strangers but wish you werent and are very outgoing around friends you are still a social person (but should learn to fix that!)

To love talking to others.

to be around people a lot