Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 8 months ago

What does 'sounds great' mean here?

I got in touch with one of my Facebook friends suggesting about meeting up in the near future.

Their response was 'Yeah that sounds great!'.

What does 'sounds great' mean here?

Does this suggest that they care about me/consider me as one of their friends?

that he thinks its great he will be meeting with you

• RP

It's a way of saying, "I like the idea. Let's (do it)." It says nothing about caring for someone or wanting to make her/him a friend.

I would say it means that if he/she liked you back in the day then he/she still likes you at least just like that and more likely enough to reminisce about the moments you shared together and times you shared with others

How do people grow up without learning about these cultural niceties and how to interpret them? If someone suggests to me that we get together, I might say "sounds great!" meaning that I'd love to do that. I might also say "sounds great!" to be polite and then make excuses not to get together with them. You can't really tell what people are thinking. You have to see what they do.