Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 1 month ago

Does the CIA have a bacronym like the FBI?

Federal Bereau of Investigation is the original acronym. But they have a bacronym: Fidelity, Bravery, Integrity. What about the CIA?

Hernando. Sorry. My fanger did some silly schitt.

• RP

Not as far as I know, but I assume you're referring to the Central Intelligence Agency. However, CIA also means the Culinary Institute of American and, as far as I'm aware, that CIA doesn't have a bacronym either.

My neighbor from Brooklyn has a different acronym. When she says she is FBI, she mean Full-Blooded Italian.

• Mike

You mean The Culinary Institute of America?

Bureau, not Bereau. Learn to spell. It's Continental Investigation Association.

Covert

International

Assassinations

the closest thing is at the entrance: John 8:32 (KJV) at the behest of Dulles "And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." of course, The CIA doesn't mean the same thing as John when we speak of Truth. i guess we can agree that motto is pretty backwards. 

• Jay

everything does