chris asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

What sector of the labour market (primary or secondary??) would you expect to find in the secondary sector of the economy? I’m confused ?

I’m confused I first thought it would be the secondary sector of the labour market but now I’m seconding guessing? 

• Bobo

The reason you are confused is because the question is nonsense.

• Oiy

I do understand that you're confused. The primary sector means in economics mostly agriculture or the fishery community. And the secondary sector is mostly manufacturing and services. But on the contrary, the primary labor market means a high-skilled-job market. It can be in the primary or secondary sector, such as manager, lawyer, CEOs doctor, etc. We might call it also white jobs. The same as mentioned, the secondary labor market can also be found in all three sectors in the economy. Low skilled labors picking fruits, flipping meats at McDonald's, or telephon operator in the industry group, etc.