Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

How long can I keep a car in a garage?

So I have a Jeep Wrangler. I have such sentimental attachment to it. But in reality it sucks as a daily driver. So much so I recently purchased a new car just a A-B sedan (Ford Fiesta). I feel that I’d now be driving the Jeep on the weekends now. Is this ok or will this ruin the car?

Update:

It will be driven more in the snow obviously and slightly more in summer for open air experience :)

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

If you drive your car on weekend, you can keep it stored inside for many years. Just change the oil at least once a year, regardless of mileage (if you don't drive over 5k.)

• 2 months ago

Wont hurt it at all to sit for a week. My RV sits for a month or more sometimes during cold months  with no problem.

• ...Show all comments
    • Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Nope, that loads up the exhaust system with condensation, which rots everything out. Batteries are new, and don't need charging. The RV has a master shutoff switch, that turns EVERYTHING off between runs.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Just sell it.  Rent a car when you want to drive another other than your Fiesta.  You own a car for its utility value. If you are not using the car, you are just wasting your money .

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

He obviously doesn't care.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i wouldnt think it would ruin the car but if youre not using it maybe you can make money selling it

• Trump 2020
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Didn't SAY he's not using it any more. Read the entire question

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

You can keep your car as long as you want.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.