Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 2 months ago

How long can I keep a car in a garage?

So I have a Jeep Wrangler. I have such sentimental attachment to it. But in reality it sucks as a daily driver. So much so I recently purchased a new car just a A-B sedan (Ford Fiesta). I feel that I’d now be driving the Jeep on the weekends now. Is this ok or will this ruin the car?

It will be driven more in the snow obviously and slightly more in summer for open air experience :)

If you drive your car on weekend, you can keep it stored inside for many years. Just change the oil at least once a year, regardless of mileage (if you don't drive over 5k.)

Wont hurt it at all to sit for a week. My RV sits for a month or more sometimes during cold months  with no problem.

• Trump 2020

Nope, that loads up the exhaust system with condensation, which rots everything out. Batteries are new, and don't need charging. The RV has a master shutoff switch, that turns EVERYTHING off between runs.

Just sell it.  Rent a car when you want to drive another other than your Fiesta.  You own a car for its utility value. If you are not using the car, you are just wasting your money .

• Trump 2020

He obviously doesn't care.

i wouldnt think it would ruin the car but if youre not using it maybe you can make money selling it

• Trump 2020

Didn't SAY he's not using it any more. Read the entire question

You can keep your car as long as you want.