Breakthrough asked in TravelCanadaToronto · 2 months ago

In Canada - do you get paid if you don't work Christmas Day / Boxing Day / New Years Day?

Favorite Answer

You are always paid when working on a day that you normally do not work on. That is in addition to any holiday pay you receive.

• You get holiday pay if you don't work those days, and if you're full time. I work full time in Ontario, Canada. My company doesn't work Christmas day or Boxing day. I received holiday pay for those days.

This would be something to ask in Careers & Employment, NOT the Travel section.

• Jay P

There is no Canadian law, unless you work for a federal agency, bank, post office, etc..  For most private sector employees, they are covered under provincial labour laws

• opurt

Depends on your job and how you're paid.

If you're on a salary, then statutory holidays are generally paid days off. If you're paid hourly then you don't get paid for hours you don't work, though you do usually get extra if you do end up working on a stat.