Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingOther - Pregnancy & Parenting · 2 months ago

Having a kid at 20?

Hello, I’ve never wrote a question on this before so bare with me lol. I’m 20 years old. I have been with my girlfriend for just over 2 years now, everything with us is perfect and couldn’t ask for better. I’m having a bit of difficulty at the minute, I was told that she is pregnant about 2 months ago now, at first I was so against this (maybe I still am a bit) because of the fact that we are only 20 years old, I mean I still have the rest of my youth ahead of me, not only just thinking about me, but I don’t know if I could forgive myself for bringing a little human into this world when I don’t have **** to give them. I work in McDonald’s, hardly make any money. Not enough to raise a kid Jeso. It’s scary to even think about it. I was brought up to always think that don’t have kids until you’re at least 25 but I guess this happened. When I saw the scan I cried but I don’t know if I cried because I’m over the moon or the fact that I feel so sorry for my first born because of the circumstances of how it’s going to be living. 

I just need some advice maybe? Has anyone else been in my position? If so what do I expect? Thank you 

Why did you have sex with her unprotected?! Or did she say that she was on the pill and then you believed her?! 

Sorry for being mean but that's annoying considering I was always careful and didn't have sex till I was 28 and even then I ALWAYS made sure to use protection! 

And please don't give me crap about how it is accidental! The thing is MOST condoms and pills are over 90% effective, otherwise there would be lawsuits coming their way!! Anyway, yeah you will need help! You will need to go on Welfare (that's how most young couples or ANY couples for that matter do it!).. Your pregnant GF (and hopefully now you WILL marry her!) will have to work for not just one but two now.. but don't worry... young children aren't as expensive until they are more grown and will want more expensive things! Good luck! 

You are crying because you made a mistake.. you are barely out of your teens and work a job that can barely support you, much less anyone else.

Work out how the two of you are going to fund lifestyle choice WITHOUT the help of the tax payer in your country.

Secondly, realise your 'youth' is over. 

What to expect ?  Stress and more stress.  No money, no nights out and arguments with your g/f.  

Start by getting a better paying job. Walmart, for instance, starts at $11/hour. Most warehouse jobs start higher than that.

You might consider joining the National Guard as a source of extra income.

you are worrying about your youth ahead after you did the deed and sowed the seed, give me a break

You need to talk to your girlfriend. Are you willing to marry her right now and raise a baby for 18 years, ready or not? If you're not willing to marry, are you willing to co-parent for 18 years? Or are you just thinking that you're too young and you're going to leave her with this problem?

I wish you had thought about all this before you had sex. Did you use condoms? If not, why not?

Yes, plenty of people man up and raise a child.

Talk to your girlfriend. If she has this baby, you're a dad whether you're ready or not.

Well sadly you didnt buy a condom with your money from McDonalds that would have saved you alot of money.

So now you're going to be a dad working at McDonald's when you are done working you'll next to clock in next door at Burger King because diapers, formula, and babies in general are expensive. 

Sadly in a short period of time you shot your life away...now you can take care of the little squirt all your life.

If you work at McDonald’s you shouldn’t breed.