At any assisted living facility do you pay for cable and internet?

In my area tenants all pay for their own cable and internet fees in assisted living facilities. I am aware of at least one facility where there is no choice of cable or internet providers and they charge considerably more than they do for private homes.

• Judith

Some facilities include it with their monthly fee; others don't.  You would have to ask each individual facility.  I have a friend who is in a facility where basic cable is included in her monthly fee.  If she wants more than basic then she must pay the difference.

Any?  Yes, the one where I work.

That depends on the assisted living facility.

Depends on the facility.   

Its a good question, since there's cable in my Mom's nursing home.  

• Shilo

That is the standard for most independent senior living facilities. I would imagine it is true for assisted living facilities as well - cable and internet are not a part of the monthly rent and food fees.