Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Views on legalizing prostitution ?

Since marijuana has been legalized for medical and recreational use I wonder what people’s views are on legalized commercial sex. I find it exciting having sex with someone I don’t know. 

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 weeks ago

Honestly, none of that should ever be legalized. We don't need prostitution or marijuana. 

• 4 weeks ago

I'm in favor of it.

People should be free to do whatever they please with their bodies, even if they want to "sell" them.

• 1 month ago

I live in a country where prostitution is legal and Cannabis isn't. Prostitution does need to be legal for similar reasons that Cannabis should be.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It is legal where I live

The rationale being that making it illegal would only push it into hiding, which would encourage abuse of the sexworkers.

We like to keep an eye on them, and in cases of abuse we want the victim to report it to the police

Source(s): Netherlands
  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i dont think they should, people can get an std cause of it

• rick
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Pearl, people can get HIV/AIDS at the dentist. Do you suggest eliminating dentistry?

• 1 month ago

That would be nice but the only way it will happen is if the government can profit off of it, if so they would legalized prostitution, and weed wouldn't be the only legal drug recently regulated for recreational use every drug would as long as the government getting a kick back, where I'm at on the east coast they have recreational crak and it's legally sold in smoke shops, those smoke shops pay taxes and other fees which goes to the state and then transferred to the government see how it work, federally legal and state legal

• A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It's legal in rural counties in Nevada, when locally approved, licensed, regulated, tested often.

The problems with prostitution are not about the sex itself.

Organized crime, STDs, kidnapped and captive prostitutes, theft from customers, underage

I live in Las Vegas. It is not legal in Las Vegas, or the Reno area. 

We have sex clubs in Las Vegas. There are phone apps for hook-ups also.

• 1 month ago

Sure.  Consenting adults and whatnot.  

• Kelley
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

God said fornication is wrong. Those who commit fornication do not get into Heaven unless they repent. Follow what God says.

• Dont1 month agoReport

U been reading too much false prophets

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i dont think they should, people can get an std that way

• Dont1 month agoReport

People contracting STDs anyways 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.