Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 1 month ago

Posting ig story of butt-dancing. is it trashy?

So I posted a story on my Instagram of me dancing in my pj shorts, which I've never done before. But since dancing in shorts is now so acceptable as there are even "twerking classes" available, I didn't see it as an issue. I mean I was twerking/moving my hips in a sexy manner. 

I would like to know everyone's opinion on whether they think it's trashy or just acceptable dancing. 

Thanks [:

Yes, it is trashy indeed. What happened to dignity people?

Posting this, you are lowering yourself. Show some self respect and dignity please.

• Clear1 month agoReport

Dignity wheereeeeeeeeeeee

• Brian

Cool story, bro.

• Speed

The question I'd be answering to myself isn't whether it's trashy. It's whether at any point in my imagined future this could be considered inappropriate and count negatively against me.

What if I became a politician, assumed a position of importance in my church, got a job working for a socially conservative business or in a conservative industry (accounting, anyone?)?

Once something's online, it often stays even if you delete it.

Only you can decide whether that's a good idea. If it were me, I'd be fine with it, but my future doesn't depend on the opinions of strangers.