Can I bring a 4 oz container of hair pomade in my check in luggage?

I forget the rule for the size of hair product you can bring with you. Can I bring a 4 oz container of pomade (the kind you scoop with your hands) onto my carry on luggage?

You 'forget' the rule, so instead of spending ten seconds looking it up, you laboriously type out a question for Yahoo and wait for answers ...

Not a sensible use of your time.

The rule is 3.4 oz, or 100 ml.

The 3.4 oz maximum only applies in carry-on luggage. The TSA doesn't have a size limit for liquids in checked luggage. The airline might, but probably not until the individual containers are a litre or more.

• DEBS

3.4oz bottles if in your carry-on.

No official limit for checked bags (but if you're looking at gallons of liquids it may be an issue.)

• MS

In your checked luggage (for under the plane) - yes.

In your carry-on bag (which you take on board with you) - no. 

That counts as a liquid/gel item, and those containers cannot exceed 3.4oz.  I know that seems like a small difference, but I once had a 4oz toothpaste taken. 

• Murzy

In your luggage not in your carry on.