Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationCar MakesJeep · 1 month ago

I have a Jeep Grand Cherokee the door lock and windows stop working. ?

The speakers work. Any ideas. Remove the panel window motor make no noise. Nothing. 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jason
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

What year? I know on the older WJ's the large ground wire in the door jam wiring boots would often break. I found it easier to remove the door with a helper and this would give me enough room to repair the wire worth a chit otherwise it's hard to do a good job with the door still attached. 

• 1 month ago

The only thing in common with the locks and windows is the electrical supply. Check you fuses.

• not
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All locks and windows quit together. Step one is to look at wiring diagram and see what circuit they share. My first general assumption: broken wires in driver door jam or problem at driver switches. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Check the fuse.  Check for power and ground at the motor with key On and motor switched On.  The lock and windows likely share a common ground connection.  Suspect  a bad ground first.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • A.J.
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You first check fuse(s) and replace as needed. It's also possible to have shorted or opened wiring. If you replace a fuse ad it blows again, there's definitely a short. If the window motor failed it could also blow the fuse that could affect the door lock.

There are automobile electrical places that determine and fix, and they tend to be expensive per hour.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.