Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

Do you leave tips for services like at restaurant or delivery/pickup? How much?

I want to know if you leave tips for valet, waitress, bartenders, haircut places,delivery drivers, movers, mechanic, cable guy, pest control, etc.... I hate it when people dont leave tips behind for hard workers. I left a 6 dollar tip for a 20 dollar haircut is that okay???? I also tipped a mechanic $10 for a 65 dollar job is that acceptable??

Favorite Answer

Yes, I do leave tips wherever I may dine, drink, get my hair and nails done, etc. It depends on whether I am happy with the service or not If you have an attitude with me or served me a drink in a dirty glass with lipstick around the edge of the glass...which has happened...or you cut off all my hair, then no tip for you, lol!

• KJC

Many delivery services now have built-in tipping when you order so in that case you don't have to tip again when the driver gets there. A six dollar tip for a 20 dollar haircut was over 20% and was very generous. It's really up to you!

Whatever you feel you can part with is very acceptable. Old rich people can tip much more easily than young poor people.

that sounds okay, i would just ask them if you dont know how much to tip, thats what i do

Gee, if only there were sections, such as Dining Out, or Personal Finance, where such a question would be closer to not being trolling...

• Murzy

$3-$5 for the barber is ok. $10 for a mechanic is ok too.

Works for me!!!!!!

No tip for pick up

Roughly 10 % which is the going rate in Europe

Jewish people charge 17 %