Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 1 month ago

Do you leave tips for services like at restaurant or delivery/pickup? How much?

I want to know if you leave tips for valet, waitress, bartenders, haircut places,delivery drivers, movers, mechanic, cable guy, pest control, etc.... I hate it when people dont leave tips behind for hard workers. I left a 6 dollar tip for a 20 dollar haircut is that okay???? I also tipped a mechanic $10 for a 65 dollar job is that acceptable??

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, I do leave tips wherever I may dine, drink, get my hair and nails done, etc. It depends on whether I am happy with the service or not If you have an attitude with me or served me a drink in a dirty glass with lipstick around the edge of the glass...which has happened...or you cut off all my hair, then no tip for you, lol!

• KJC
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Many delivery services now have built-in tipping when you order so in that case you don't have to tip again when the driver gets there. A six dollar tip for a 20 dollar haircut was over 20% and was very generous. It's really up to you!

• 1 month ago

Whatever you feel you can part with is very acceptable. Old rich people can tip much more easily than young poor people.

• 1 month ago

that sounds okay, i would just ask them if you dont know how much to tip, thats what i do

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Gee, if only there were sections, such as Dining Out, or Personal Finance, where such a question would be closer to not being trolling...

• 1 month ago
  • Murzy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

$3-$5 for the barber is ok. $10 for a mechanic is ok too.

• 1 month ago

Works for me!!!!!!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No tip for pick up

• 1 month ago

Roughly 10 % which is the going rate in Europe

Jewish people charge 17 %

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.