Not changing diapers or feeding children all morning, is it wrong?

Everyday i come home from work my wife is either in bed or watching tv while the babies lay in their room with wet diapers. She said she doesnt want to wake them up. Should she let them 'sleep' or wake them up, change them, and feed them before 12:30pm?

I can't imagine a baby sleeping until noon. They should definitely be changed a couple of times by that point. 

Ur wife needs to do the job change the diapers immediately when u know it’s wet 

She needs to change it if it's full 

Do you work seven days a week? If not, you should be taking the kids on weekends. Get a sense for how they sleep and what they need. See what a couple of days of full-time care for babies is like.

Then, call the doctor and have your wife evaluated for post-partum depression, because she sounds like she has checked out.

• sarah

If they've been in bed with a wet diaper and haven't eaten since bedtime the night before, yes, I think that's kind of wrong. If they were up for a while, had breakfast, and fell asleep for a nap before she changed their diaper, I don't see any issue. Even if they're "supposed" to eat again before 12:30 and she's letting them sleep, I think that's okay. I support anyone who isn't willing to wake up a peacefully napping baby, lol.

Now, if the kids are screaming their heads off and the diaper is so full that it's leaking and she's not doing anything...there's a problem.

• edward

Wake them. If they don’t wake by themselves wake them up

Are they asleep, or are they screaming from hunger and discomfort?

If they are asleep, they aren't hungry or uncomfortable.

If they are screaming and she is ignoring them, she has a problem.

• LizB

Are they just in their beds all night long and then all morning until lunch time? Because if so that is neglect. If they *are* up in the morning and your wife just puts them in their cribs for some quiet time around lunch whether they're sleeping or not, I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing since some babies/toddlers take a while to wind down for a nap (and every SAHP needs a bit of downtime during the day!). You didn't give us just a whole lot to go on, so I think you need to fully assess the situation and learn about what your wife's day with the kids is actually like before making rash assumptions about her parenting.

Of course, this is wrong. It is neglect. But, first your wife needs to see a doctor to see if she is suffering from post postpartum depression. This can happen up to a year or more after the baby is born. The children may also need to be checked I have never heard of a baby or child that sleeps till 12:30pm. That is not normal at all. Once everyone checks out find your wife may need someone to help her and show her how to parent so look into parenting classes and maybe see if a family member can come to stay and give her some encouragement. If this continues you will likely lose your children.

• y

Yes, there really isn't anymore that can be said except, I'm sorry for your future.