I managed to loosen a screw but I can't pull I out, what should I do?

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Dale-E
    Lv 7
    2 weeks ago

It might have a busted plastic thread socket stuck on the end of that screw. Go ahead and remove all the other necessary screws and pry it apart. Often there is a screw under the feet cusions. Remove them from one side to see if there might be a screw fastened under those foot pads and follow through on the other side accordingly, before trying to pry it appart.

• keerok
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Continue turning with screwdriver while pushing it from under? If not possible and the screw's head is out, jam a smaller screwdriver under the screw's head lifting it up while turning it with the other screwdriver.

• 1 month ago

Tighten it back and drill the head off.

• 1 month ago

As someone has already stated, you can use a magnetic screwdriver or better yet, tip it up and tap on the corner. 

Also note that there are some screws which are set in with a loss prevention lock, which allows you to loosen them, but they cannot be lifted out, so when the case is opened, the screw will remain with that section and not be lost.  

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Use a magnetic screwdriver. Tip it up and tap on the corner. The screw will lift out anyway when you remove the plastic frame.

• 1 month ago

Try wiggling the screw with a screw driver

• 1 month ago

Get a magnet or turn it upside down ffs

• ...Show all comments
    • Shadow
      Lv 4
      4 weeks agoReport

Magnets and computers are not friends. Why didn't you suggest a scrap handler magnet that can lift 100 tonnes? That'll remove the screw...

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.