Will I get a ticket for cutting off a moving school bus?

I was on my way to college, and I was told by my parents that there was a shortcut to get to school, so I used my GPS map to take me there. I was moving with the flow of traffic when the school bus decides to come in my lane from the highway, so I went around the moving school bus with the speed of the left lane traffic (50mph), with not enough time before my GPS tells me to take a right turn.

I had to get into the right lane as I the school bus did as well, and I unintentionally cut off the school bus while turning in the right lane. I would say the bus was only 8 feet behind my car.

The bus didn't have any yellow or red blinkers on and was moving while making a right turn. I just feel bad that I mistakenly cut off the school bus.

Will I get a citation in the mail?

Just be knowing that the school buses are equipped with camera's facing out forward to catch your license plate and note the schitt action you just did.   It still could be coming in the mail.   All buses are being equipped with those so you learn never to do this.  The $fine is high.   Pinch you a few times and then they take your DL away. and make you take the tests over again.

Not clear was the GPS driving your car or did it have a human in control?

The human can get a ticket for cutting off some other vehicle. It does not matter it was a school bus

The GPS I doubt was driving and is innocent of a crime.

Suggest you report your bad driving to your local Police they will assist you in returning your license and you can practise some more to get a new replacement. license.

I would say the bus was only 8 feet behind my car.

REALLY you could figure that out while driving distracted looking at your crotch or wherever it is your GPS thingy hangs out.

Mailed ticket?  Doubtful but the bus may have a camera.

• CB

No, unless you were ticketed on the scene - there will be no tickets - in the future rather than driving like an azshole go down the road and turn around and come back to your turn - you are NOT required by the GPS police to turn when it says - especially when it is an unsafe move. 

• Ron

School buses don't give out tickets for stupid

You'll probably have your license suspended and be forced to take 3rd grade again