Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceOther - Education · 1 month ago

Who do I contact to get my child back into school ?

My son has recently been 'dismissed' from school due to an allegation a girl made about him raping her. They did tests and carried out an investigation, on top of finding nothing to support her claim she also said that she wasn't raped later on and said it was just a joke she made due to being angry with him that went too far. Seeing as she is a minor no charges have been pressed against her. I am aware that throughout this investigation she remained in school while the school has taken my son out due to her claiming to not being comfortable around him. Once the case was closed (a month ago) I called the school about when he was coming back to school, they told me after Christmas but once Christmas holidays had ended he still wasn't let back. I kept contacting  them to ask when and they always reply with 'we will call you later' or another excuse not to talk to me. It has been a long time now, he's suppose to be studying for his GCSE that are in two years but his education has been halted due to a false allegation.  I find it immature that the school isn't talking to me directly about the situation.

I don't know who to contact to get him back into school. Do I contact the local council or governors? 

You might need a lawyer to get favorable decision, if he has been exonerated they have to let him back in school 

Your son is a moron. He should have been focusing on his education, and only on his education. He is at fault, for being withdrawn from school.

I know what it's like to be withdrawn from school. I withdrew myself from two of the schools that I attended, BUT I attended 3 different schools, so I can get a higher education. I did in fact get a higher education even though I withdrew myself from school twice. I never went back to the schools that I withdrew myself from.

I kept my eye on the prize. My prize is me finishing college, and all that's left, for me to do now is to find stable work, and a home.

I am a male by the way.

Contact the local council - it's their legal requirement to provide education for your child

• Tavy

UK Answer you contact your local LEA, local education authority. They are at your local council offices.

WHERE?  It matters.  I'm thinking - UK?

This BEYOND immature.  This is shocking.

Who would I be speaking to?  An attorney.  You HAVE a substantial legal claim against the school, the administrators AND in some jurisdictions the family of the girl who made the false claim.

Don't waive your legal rights.  I work in the legal field.  I'm not litigious.  HOWEVER, this is a very clear violation of your son's rights.  I'd get legal advice.  It isn't all about the money.  It's about what you and your family AND YOUR SON have been put through.

I would go to the superintendent of schools.

Homeschool him until the end of this year.  In the meantime, make sure you get your problem out to the court of public opinion. Contact a local news station, even social media.  School administrators hate negative publicity.

• Kieth

Contact the school superintendent.