Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingParenting · 1 month ago

Does it come off as if he only cares about one of his children?

As a parent, I’d think knowing your child development is important and could bring some warmth to the heart. However, his father has another child who is three and doesn’t speak yet. Friday, our son said his first sentence and I told his dad he finally said a sentence and he kind of brushed it off like it wasn’t important. However, he would send me messages out of his day to tell me that his son said a word or two to his doctor. 

For example, our son played with a dog today and he’s normally terrified. He asked how was my day and I told him about it along with him playing with a dog, he just said oh ok and talked about his son and he knows his other son is very social... I told him about some bad news I received from the doctor today and all he could mention was his son. There’s nothing wrong with him mentioning him, it’s his timing. I spoke with him the other day about it and he’s gonna be spending more time with his other son rather than our son because he needs him “more” .... our son is 2 and already barely sees him, his other child is at his house literally everyday because his grandma picks him up. They don’t get him because she said my son isn’t her grandchild. It already comes off as if the family don’t like him, It’s coming off to me as he puts one child over the other and I could be reading it wrong.

I tried helping him before his son turned two and recommended he speak with the doctor about the speech delay, but he lied to them(I was there). 

So what should I do

No baby mama drama I am not with the person anymore. Families do end up falling apart sometimes

welp, maybe he just realizes ur kid already has a decent momma to fawn all over it and the other has many more obstacles to face.

Yes, it sounds like he cares about one of his sons more than the other. You cannot force him to care equally about both of his children. It sounds like he is closer to the other family (which he might be since the maternal grandmother is apparently caring for that child) and there's nothing you can do about that, either. Your baby daddy may be willing to spend more time with your son as he gets older and becomes more verbal. Or he may continue to be closer to his other son. You chose this man to be the father of your child and you'll have to accept whatever relationship he chooses to have with your son. Hopefully, he's at least providing child support.

sounds like thats what it comes off as

"So what should I do"

Get to know a man better before you start cranking out his kids. Maybe even get married and have a household together.

Oh such baby mama drama