Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelAfrica & Middle EastIsrael · 1 month ago

Can an American Palestinian enter israel ?

If you’re an American Palestinian with a Palestinian passport and a US passport are you able to visit Israel?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Yes, but only if you use the US passport. You most definitely be asked questions (as whatever passport you use- they'll know), but I there shouldn't be a problem. If you brandish your "Palestinian pride" expect issues. 

• Elinat, you are right if an Israeli goes to Iran, but a Palestinian is entering his country and parents country, such a difference that you don't realize because you see only what they show you. you said "Clearly you don't know what Apartheid is " haha, yes OK.

• TNO
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure.

Just use the American passport. Israel really doesn't recognize the legitimacy of the Palestinian ones, so I would not recommend using that one even to make a statement. Israel isn't the only one to reject those travel documents, and besides the Israelis have an agreement with our government to make visa acquisition streamlined and simple so it's the best option anyway. 

Now, while Palestinian Americans can (and do) enter Israel, it is a bit more difficult given the intricacies of the conflict. Israel takes security very seriously, so when they arrive to at the airport or the crossings between Israel and Egypt or Jordan, they should expect to be questioned. It's standard for all their entries, which sucks but Israel is dealing with some harsh realities so not unexpected. It's just precautionary, especially if you know how terrorism has used entry into Israel to kill people.

Israeli security will ask about the reason for their visit, what family they have, etc., and it may be more in-depth than what anyone else experiences; however, if you have nothing to hide and you cooperate you should be allowed in. If you are there for nefarious purposes, like advocating for BDS or meeting with subversive and hostile (perhaps terroristic) groups, then you'll be denied entry. And while unfortunate, if you are closely related to someone considered very vile to Israel, you may be rejected for entry as well. But like I said, I know of Palestinian Americans who travel to Israel. I don't know if they have Palestinian passports, but I can guarantee you that they use American ones. 

• 1 month ago

As an American, Yes, but you will be treated as a terrorist until you prove the opposite ! becareful this state is Apartheid, (Apartheid is more cruel than racist !)

• ...Show all comments
    • Elinat, you are right if an Israeli goes to Iran, but a Palestinian is entering his country and parents country, such a difference that you don't realize because you see only what they show you. you said "Clearly you don't know what Apartheid is " haha, yes OK.

• 1 month ago

You are welcome to visit Israel as a tourist by using your US passport. 

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Anyone is allowed to visit Israel as a tourist. Provided you have a valid visa and passport, then they will be allowed to enter the country.

You're asking if they receive any especial scrutiny due to the racial heritage and the answer is probably. Understandable too, as you just never know when a religious fanatic will be encouraged or coerced to commit a despicable act.

• 1 month ago

i dont see why not if you have the paperwork you need

• Einat B
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The Palestinian passport might cause issues, since he has another- there's no need to use that one other than looking for troubles in the sake of pride and ego ... Israeli Jews that have dual citizenship are known to use their non Israeli passport to go to Arab countries and North Korea. 

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.