Is learning how to drive hard?

I am learning how to drive soon and I want to know other's opinions on this.

Update:

Okay, I am going to start with a automatic.

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

It's an acquired skill.

Once you can do the setting off, road positioning, braking , and gear changing, you don't even consciously even think about that side of  All you think about is road conditions, other drivers, and everyone's intended action(s)

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The older you are, generally. the harder to learn something new.

I had a problem with the skills when I was 15, but got over it. Hardest is parallel parking an 18 foot  station wagon. Blind spots, etc. Start  with a little Sunfire automatic. Once basics learned, you can learn to drive a manual in   a few hours. Except for  starting  off up hills,  the driving skills are the same. 

Like knitting,it's easy to "do", But, to do Well requires much concentration and dedication.

• 1 month ago

For me, it wasn't too bad.  BUt I lived way out in the country. This helped even though I am a high strung nervous person

• Anon
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Do NOT tell anyone scooters "require no license". Might  get someone a big fine.Lack pf rationality  and repetitiveness is sign of autism. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It depends entirely on you. Some people find driving so easy that they wonder why anyone can find it difficult.  Others can drive for 30 years and still be a danger on the road.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Jay P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

"Hard" or "easy" are subjective terms.  Some find it difficult while others find it easy...

• 1 month ago

Learning to drive is easy, the difficult part is truly driving on a road.

• Scott
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

No, at least it wasn't for me.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's not hard. It's actually quite fun but don't go too fast and crash. That is how many people die in accidents.

• Rick B
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course not. .

• 1 month ago

Start in a automatic

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.