Need photo ID can I just bring my passport iD to DMV to get it?

I have gotten a photo ID before but I lost my photo ID, birthxietificate  social security card .....I have a passport thing with my picture on it can I take just that to DMV and they print out my photo ID ?

Please answer I want a mailbox and they did I have to have 2 ID my passport and another ID......

5 Answers

  • Mamie
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Usually, if you have a passport, that's the only ID you need.  The Department of Homeland Security accepts a passport alone, so I don't understand why the Post Office doesn't.  Are you sure you understood correctly?

  • 8 months ago

    You can get a replacement SS card easily on their web page, you should do so, and you can get a replacement birth certificate through the state records. You need to get these and then keep them safe

  • drip
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Go on your state’s DVM web site.  It will tell you is required to bring to get a state ID card. 

    If you don’t have a driver’s license, it is a good idea to have a state ID card 

  • MS
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Probably not.  Most states have a list of various documents that are required for a state ID.  Your passport will be one thing that will certainly help.  But you will likely need other forms of identification and documentation too.  In my state, you need a proof of identification (passport will work for that if it's not expired), proof of social security number (SS card, W2, etc.), and 2 proof of residency documents (utility bill, tax bill, voter registration, etc.).  Your state DMV page should indicate what you will need. 

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Call your local DMV.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.