Would you use the television as a way to teach kids to exercise?

I've recognized that some kids are way too attached to the television and it's becoming an even bigger problem with kids in their teens. But to be honest though I think that more parents should start teaching their children to use the television in more productive ways too such as using it to teach yoga. I'm not saying let your kids spend too much time infront of the TV but what I mean is to teach them to use it for things other then sitting on your butt every once in awhile. So do you agree that with using the television to teach children to exercise?

yes...yes i would..nothing wrong with some old school jane Fonda work out videos!

• y

you mean force them to interact, get off their asses, whatever. Becouse those types of shows are already on there, the kids know. The parents would have to be there, and make the kids actually watch and participate. The key is being there, interacting with their kids. Those that are turning on the TV as babysitters are already avoiding that interaction. That is the issue. Becouse parents that do interact, are not sitting in front of the TV except for family hour or whatever.