Which oil should I use for my 2019 Jeep Cherokee Latitude on my first oil change? 0w-20 or 5w-20? I'm from Seattle. Thank you!?

15 Answers

Relevance
  • 7 months ago

5/20 Castrol Edge

• 8 months ago

You have an owners manual. It tells you in there what you should use.

• zipper
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

READ THE OWNER MANUAL< THAT WHY YOU HAVE ONE> But either one should be good.

• Bort
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

The oil cap will tell you what oil weight to use. So will the owners manual. You can also look up what oil is recommended for it online or you can just use good ole 10w-30 if you don't want to go through all that horrible research that's going to take your entire day to complete (that's sarcasm, it only takes a few seconds, a minute max).

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 8 months ago

What does it say on the oil filler cap?

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • 8 months ago

Ask the dealership - or have them do the oil change.

Most dealers will give you a handful of free oil changes when you buy a vehicle from t hem.

• Ron
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

I'd bet you haven't opened the hood yet. It states clearly on the filler cap what weight to use

• lj1
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Stick with the weight that the manufacturer recommends. If it's not printed on the oil cap, you can find it in your owner's manual.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

use what manufacturer recommends.  The owner's manual are a regional publication (not all people live in California//or Alaska) so there is different manuals for each region because of temperatures.   When in doubt always go thicker.(5w-20)

. At worst it will cut down your quarter mile time by 1/100th of a second.   So, you are not going to notice it. Nor will the motor work any harder.

• 8 months ago

You have a new vehicle. Read the owners' manual.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.