Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 8 months ago

Is it possible for a college dropout to immigrate to US?

I dropped out of college but my life is quite stable and I have a decent job. Is it possible for me to immigrate to US? 

12 Answers

  • 8 months ago

    1) For the immigration part figure that out with a lawyer. 

    2) Why would you want to leave your home country when you have a stable life there ? 

    3) i don't think it's a good idea to drop out of college. 

    4) If you have family in USA  I would consider a turist visa instead, which is for visiting purposes ONLY. 

  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

    Is it possible for a college dropout to immigrate to US? - possible, yes. Likely - no ?

    I dropped out of college - ok

     but my life is quite stable - that doesn't qualify you to immigrate.  99% of people have a stable life

     and I have a decent job - decent in the sense of a high level job in the STEM field that no American can do?  If not, you aren't immigrating on the basis of a 'decent job'

    Is it possible for me to immigrate to US? - yes if you marry a US citizen or have close family members who are US citizens and that can sponsor you

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    Half the actors on US television are foreigners who don’t hold degrees from their home countries. Same for the numerous Olympic athletes who coach here. You don’t need a degree but you do have to have some accomplishments to point to.

  • Maxi
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    That would depend on any visa you qualify for, certainly you would not qualify for a work need to look on the US immigration website and read and see if you fit the criteria for any immigration visa

  • What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Lisa A
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

    There is no rule that dropouts can't get spouse visas.

  • 8 months ago

    Who is your immediate relative who is a US citizen, and who earns enough to support self, all dependents, plus you, and who has a suitable home in the US for you to live? You won't qualify for any kind of employment visa as you lack necessary education & experience credentials. In fact, as a college dropout with no high-level skills, experience, expertise, you are likely to have a lot of trouble finding any kind of work if you had a relative willing & able to sponsor you.

    Without a qualified & willing immediate relative sponsoring your immigration, you have no qualifications to immigrate or even work temporarily in US. IF you do have such a relative, depending on your citizenship & relationship to your sponsor, it will take up to 25 years for your Priority Date to become current so that you get an appointment for an immigration interview, etc. You must remain in your country while waiting.

  • 8 months ago

    Yes, but only if you are independently wealthy or a member of your immediate family who is a US citizen sponsors you.

  • 8 months ago

    Yes, as long as you meet the criteria they use for immigrants.

  • 8 months ago

    Without knowing what country you would be coming from, we have no way to even guess.

    Clearly, the job you are at now will not join you in the US, so it's not a factor in applying to immigrate.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.